Replay Maintenance, one of the UK’s leading synthetic sports pitch maintenance providers, has continued to give on-going support to the work of the Institute of Groundsmanship (IOG) by supporting the recent one day synthetic surfaces course, held at One Leisure in Cambridgeshire.
The course was aimed at individuals who have responsibility for the regular maintenance of synthetic sports surfaces, such as synthetic grass pitches for football and hockey, tennis courts, multi-use games areas, polymeric athletics tracks, and artificial cricket pitches.
The IOG has teamed up with two of the UK’s leading companies within synthetic playing surface maintenance to offer the groundscare industry a new series of unrivalled for content and cost-effectiveness one-day training courses to enable delegates to maintain the quality, longevity and cost-effectiveness of artificial surfaces.
The seminar is suitable for club groundsmen, volunteers, school groundsmen, contractors as well as private and leisure club managers. The courses included:
- Background to synthetic pitches
- Types of construction and materials
- Information required prior to construction and on handover of facility
- Annual maintenance programme
- Minimum maintenance per type of surface
- Inspection of surfaces and most common problems
- Common areas of heavy wear and tear
- Regular maintenance regimes
- Types of machinery and equipment
- Drag brushing/matting
- Granular top-up
- Line markings
- Presentation aspects
- Repairs and renovation
- Pest, weed and disease control
- Environmental concerns (latest water and pesticide regulations) and pollution
- Problems from surface surrounds
- Specific Health and Safety requirements for synthetic surfaces and relevant sports equipment (e.g. portable goal posts)
“We see both Charterhouse and Replay Maintenance as key partners,” said Ian Mather-Brewster, Regional Advisor at Institute of Groundsmanship. “They are vital to our courses as we are the independent organisation, but they are the experts in their field. Certainly with Replay Maintenance, they maintain artificial surfaces across the country and have the experience to pass their knowledge and expertise onto the delegates on the day which has been invaluable.”